DAVID 4 Software
- Supports Structured Light Scanning and Laser Scanning
- Features color texturing and 360° scan fusion
- Supports various projector/camera hardware and export in OBJ, STL and PLY file formats
- Automated scan alignment, background scan filter, volume/surface area computation
- Turntable support when paired with the DAVID TT-1 turntable
This software allows inexpensive 3D scanning of objects and surfaces.
All you require is a video camera (e.g. webcam), a line laser and a 90° "corner" as background.
Structured Light Scanning
Structured Light Scanning uses a video projector instead of a laser. Advantages: No 90° corner required during scanning. No manual laser movement. Much faster scanning. Turntable support for fully-automated 360° scanning.
In order to obtain an all-around scan of your object, you simply create single scans from different directions; the DAVID 3D Scanner software is able to align and fuse the scans to a textured 360-degree-model.
The surface data can be exported in .OBJ, .STL, and .PLY file formats. This allows you to import them into 3rd-party software for further processing, e.g. measurement, milling or 3d printing.
• Standard-PC (32/64 bit - Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10)
• 3D graphics adapter
• One available USB port
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (32-bit or 64-bit)